PSN Connect Tool
With the advent of PS List, and knowing that it was possible to connect to the PSN and pull profile information, I couldn't help but make something with PHP. With the help of morethantoast, and his program PS List, I was able to create a similar program using PHP. It's pretty exciting getting this working, not just as a proof of concept, but it opens the door for some potentially cool stuff. I'd consider what I have now as early "beta", so if you find any bugs, please report them by commenting here
What this does
- This program connects to the PlayStation Network using your PSN credentials, and uses that to pull up an account profile, specified by you.
- This does not save your information, but does save a cookie so you don't have to always log in
What can be done with this?
- Use your PSN account to sign onto other websites.
- Dynamic custom signatures with up-to-date PSN information.
- More to come...
Known Issues and Limitations
- If you pull your own account, you cannot get online status information.
- Currently, there are only very vague errors if something goes wrong.
- This currently does not pull a friends list or your username.
- Sometimes the network can be slow to respond. Please only click the connect button once.
I would like to try and get some sorta dynamic-signature thing going, but have no graphical talent. If you're interested in helping, let me know ;)
Note: It is recommended you create an account here first before attempting to log into the PSN. This way logging out from the website will essentially log you out from the PSN.
Pretty neat Coreno, nice job.
Feb 04, 2010 by DoubleOSpoon : Reply
Hope to do some cool stuff with this.
Feb 07, 2010 by coreno : Reply